THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY CONSULTATIVE COMMITTEE (IICC)
The IICC was inaugurated by Mr. Fola Daniel, Commissioner for Insurance on Wednesday 21st August, 2013 in the Council Chambers of the Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria. The ceremony was hosted by Mr. Fatai Kayode Lawal, President of CIIN with a cross-section of Insurance Industry leaders in attendance.
Objectives of the IICC
- To represent the Industry’s voice in national and global discourse
- Guarantee a collective medium for dialoging
- Provide a clearing house for vital Industry policies
- Engender a firm anchorage for Insurance Industry growth agendas
- Constitute a powerful lobby group for governmental relations, and
- Act as veritable tool for conflict resolution
Membership of the IICC consist of Representatives of the following arms of the Insurance Industry:
- The National Insurance Commission (NAICOM).
- The Chartered Insurance Institute of Nigeria (CIIN).
- The Nigeria Insurers Association (NIA).
- The Nigerian Council of Registered Insurance Brokers (NCRIB).
- The Institute of Loss Adjusters of Nigeria (ILAN).
- Distinguished Elders and Leaders of the Insurance Industry.
The IICC meets quarterly to deliberate on emergent issues and to foster its objectives. The committee is chaired by the sitting President of CIIN.