Any person interested in sitting for the institute’s examination at any of the levels: Certificate, Diploma or Advanced Diploma is required (as a pre-requisite) to register as a member of CIIN. Such person may be employed, engaged in Insurance practice, student of insurance in higher institutions or a person outside mainstream insurance practice wishing to obtain insurance qualification. Students of institution of higher learning not studying Insurance but desire to make a career in insurance are also eligible to register and sit for the examinations.
- April 2016 Diet entry commences on Tuesday 29th December, 2015 and will end on Tuesday 23rd February, 2016.
- Request for change of subject and/or centre will not be entertained after Tuesday 23rd February, 2016.
- Withdrawal from Examination after Tuesday 23rd February, 2016 will lead to the forfeiture of fees paid.
- Rebates are available to undergraduates of any discipline. They are required to register for the examinations manually at the secretariat or the various branch offices nationwide to enable them enjoy the discounts. Proof of studentship (most recent result and school ID card) is required to process such registration.
- All members interested in sitting for the examinations are all required to pay their outstanding Annual Subscription fee alongside their examination fee in order to avoid non-issuance of examination number.
- Coursebooks are mandatory for first time sitting for any subject registered. The coursebooks are available at the secretariat.
- Application for exemptions should also be forwarded to the CIIN Secretariat for administration and processing.
- Note that all exemptions are not to be registered online, they are processed and if granted, added to the student's portal manually at the secretariat.
- Exemption Guidelines here
- Download Timetable
- Download Examiners Report 2015 Diploma and 2015 Advanced Diploma.
- CIIN tutorial timetable.
Online Registration Guidelines
- Create and activate an applicant account online http://memberportal.ciinigeria.com/ciinmembers/NewApplicantLogIn.aspx
- Complete the application form, upload all necessary credentials and a valid passport sized photograph
- Await an email prompting you to proceed with making payment
N4, 000 (four thousand naira) only as application fee using the payment outlets available.
- Note: Qualification required; minimum of senior secondary school certificate with minimun of 5 credits including Mathematics and English.
- Membership number and letter is generated after confirmation
- Proceed to the members area to login with your Membership Number as your username and password.
- Note that you will be prompted to change your password upon first login
- Click on Exam Registration
- Fill in necessary details like (subjects, centre, exam type)
- Verify your entries then click Register to save your entries
- Click E-payment on the side menu
- Click on Pay
- Select Interswitch for Web Pay or First Bank for Cash Deposit
- For Interswitch
- Click Make Payment
- Write Down the Transaction Number and Click “Click Here to Proceed to payment” at the top of the page
- Supply your card details to complete the payment process
- For First Bank
- Print Pay Advice containing all your payment details
- Go to any First Bank Branch with your Pay Advice to make payment
- After successfully making payment, go back to the make e-payment section on your portal to verify your
payment with the confirmation number on the receipt generated from the bank and print receipt.
(Please note that failure to verify your payment means your e-wallet won’t be credited and this in turn means your registration is incomplete)
- Click on Print Registration Slip on the Side Menu.
- It will show the subjects you registered for and the date and time the exam will be taken
- Your Examination Number will be available only when the registration is closed.
For further enquiries download the Online Registration Guidelines or
Contact Examination Directorate